Monday, April 26, 2010

Laugh Out Loud

Wow. These last few weeks - nay, all of April has really been a doozy for me, both professionally and personally. I'm used to stress. It's just a natural part of life, and I think I've adopted some good stress busters to deal with it. But sometimes, like in April, the usual methods just don't cut it. I know - April isn't over, but if today is any indication, I'm in for another wild ride.

So, what to do?

Go for a run? Nope. Yoga? Negative. Scream therapy? Getting closer, but no.

For me, it's time to pull out the big guns and...LAUGH!

I love humor to deal with stressful situations, but sometimes, it's hard to be funny and not snarky. True. But what about forcing myself to laugh? And Laugh. And LAUGH!

You may have heard of Laughter Yoga. I've heard of it, never practiced, but I'm starting to, and maybe people around me will think I'm crazy. CRAZY RELAXED! or not. It's an interesting idea, though.

So, here's a clip to give you an idea, narrated by the humor master himself, John Cleese:

1 comment:

Christine said...

More on the benefits of laughing: http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/04/28/laughter.health.benefits/index.html