Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Clever Is As Clever Does

I am on the constant hunt for contemporary poets and writers, whether online or in print, not only for my reading pleasure but also to help me learn and grow as a writer myself. Besides the decrepit nuns, high school English teachers and the occassional course in college, I have not had any formal training or practice in this craft - and although I have succumb to the realization that I will not be a featured writer in The New Yorker or like-publication, I still want to strive to write as well as I possibly can...and maybe someday, have someone else be inspired (or impressed) by my words.


So, to you writers out there, I would first like to offer my supportive praise for your work and a sincere "thank you" even though you have no idea who I am, because without your inspiration, I would have given up on this blog after about the first day.


Some of the better blogs I have come across (so far) include by not limited to the following - which I recommend:

Silliman's Blog
E.B. Bortz
Parachute
StonePoem
This is All Your Fault

There are plenty more - and I'll list those another day. In the meantime, do you know of any poets/bloggers that you really like and would recommend?

No comments: