Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Back in the Saddle

My hiatus from blogging didn't last quite as long as I thought it would. I took the opportunity to step away from the blog, refocus, think about things in general, feel oxygen through my veins, and return to being human again. And it was wonderful.

Yes, I'm back...but don't expect the same blog. If you've been here before, you'll immediately notice a new look about the place. But appearances get you nowhere without substance. I will be changing it up and writing about something different every day. Why? Because it's my blog. Seriously, though, I cannot limit myself by topic. Perhaps the most successful blogs hone in on one theme and peripheral topics, but I've learned that's not my cup of tea. Ironically, trying to keep a blog about poetry - a topic that interests me tremendously - took the life and joy out of it for me. Then to make matters worse, I was constantly comparing myself against other bloggers and writers. To a degree, that's healthy; to obsess over it is not. Not to say I'll never write about poetry again - just that it won't be the focal point.

So, here I am. Thank you to those of you who have come back to visit. You are the reason I've returned. To those of you who have stumbled onto my page - welcome. We're going to have some fun. Get ready!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooray! Back with a vengence. Get er done, baby!