Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Charlie Browniest

To say I love Peanuts is a huge understatement. Totally.

Snoopy and I go way back. I won't bore you with the details, but let's just say over the year I've amassed a collection of Peanuts paraphernalia that could easily fill an entire room in my house. When I was two years old and hospitalized for spinal meningitis, I wasn't allowed to have any toys or dolls for fear of infection; once I began to recover, the first doll that I received was Snoopy. I still have that doll. In college, I gave a presentation during my public speaking class on Charles Schulz, Peanuts and the evolution of his comic strip (it was made more poignant when he passed away shortly thereafter). Faithfully, every year for each holiday, I watch all the Charlie Brown cartoons on TV (the ones from the '60s were the best, in my opinion); I have the DVDs. And that's just a sampling.


I'm an adult now and don't have any children. But Snoopy and the gang just hold a soft spot in my heart, and no matter how old I get, they will always be with me. Which is why I almost cried tears of joy when I saw this commercial:



Enjoy!

1 comment:

Preston said...

I love Peanuts and Charlie Brown and Snoopy. I use to have all the books when I was a kid and I had felt banners of each character that hung on my walls. I use to draw pictures of them too. I don't have any of that stuff anymore, but nothing waxes nostalgia like the Peanuts gang!