Tuesday, March 10, 2009

On the Tip of my Tongue

Ok, let's not beat around the bush here - I suck at this blogging thing. I know that. You know that.

Don't get me wrong - this isn't a pity party. I actually find it quite amusing that you still come back time after time and read my gibberish. It brings a smile to my face that my words matter, even just a little bit. Many a day I ask myself "What are you doing on here?" and "Why do you even have a blog?" My content lacks the flair that it should have, and my posts are irregular, plus readership has never been explosive. So, what's a girl to do?


For those of you who know me, you know how much I love to write. I have several notebooks and journals and slips of paper tucked away with scribbles, anywhere from poems to short stories to my awful attempts at a novel to titles, subjects and just phrases that I like. But, like many of you, I have a full-time job that is, in no way, related to creative writing. In fact, my job is not very creative at all, but it is my job and that's where my energy goes. The remainder of my energy is spent on family and friends and chores. So where do I squeeze in time for writing? Here. And, as the adage goes, if you want to be a writer, write something everyday - no matter what it is.

So I started this blog to force myself to write. Selfish? Indeed. I'm not offering any kind of service to you really. My blog began as an outlet for my poetry, which morphed into an overall poetry-awareness sort of thing, which got kicked in the head and spun into a blog about my thoughts and whatnot, and now, I couldn't even tell you what it's all about! Craziness. I wish I could stay focused. There are so many blogs that stick to a theme, so you know when you go to XYZ blog, the blogger will talk about xyz subjects.

What's my point today? I guess...an apology of sorts to my readers for not offering the scintillating kind of read that you deserve, but also a big thank you to the readers who have not given up on me for the very same reason. The words and ideas are just on the tip of my tongue and I need your help to pull it out...and blog about it. I'll keep working at it :) Maybe if you let me know what you'd like to hear about, what matters to you...I'm all ears :)

No comments: