Thursday, March 19, 2009

Tune Therapy

This is just a semi-short post to say "Never Underestimate the Power of Music."

I had a pretty stressful day - to the point that I had to avoid certain people or else I would have certainly screamed at them for being idiots. I was burnt out, tired, aching as if I had been hit by a bus. I was cranky, my nerves were raw and all I wanted to do was crawl up into a ball under my fleece blanket and go to sleep as soon as I could.

Did I? No.

I went to the mall instead. I know. Not quite the place to release stress...at least, not for me. But then, something happened.

In one of the stores, I heard an upbeat song about being thankful for so many beautiful things in life, including good friends. I don't know who sang it or what the song title is (it sounded like India.Arie, so if you have an idea of what I'm talking about, please chime in). It brought a smile to my face, and the lyrics alone made me take a breath and think, "yeah, ok. Relax. It's not so bad. You have a lot to be thankful for, too."

The transition from ogre to civilized, and happy, human being continued in my car with the help of one of my favorites, The Killers, with "Human" followed by unbridled singing and car-dancing to Billy Idol's "Dancing with Myself." Enough said.

Thanks, music. You've worked your magic once again.

No comments: