Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Monday

I have nothing earth-shattering or thought-provoking to say today, but I'm feeling good and thought I'd share.

Today is President's Day here in the U.S. My company had the good sense to declare a holiday, so I have been savoring my extra day out of the office. Some other things about the long weekend that brought a smile to my face:
  • My wonderful husband and the nice Valentine's Day we spent together, eating Indian food and seeing a new movie in the theatre
  • Reconnecting on facebook with not one, but three people from Germany that participated in a student exchange with me back in the day
  • Learning that a good friend of mine is expecting
  • Successfully baking for the first time, from scratch, all fresh ingredients - eggplant parmesan
  • Finally taking a step toward home-reconstruction. Finally.
  • Having the sun shine in a way to remind me that spring is coming soon
  • Sharing an afternoon shopping trip and lunch with my wonderful sister

It's the little things that make me smile. What has made you smile today?

No comments: