Monday, August 18, 2008

Summer Swan Song

Sunday was probably one of the last days I will get to go down the shore for the season. It makes me sad. It feels like summer really never got started and now it's almost over; it goes like that every year - and I know in time, I will be in love again with autumn, and summer will be a warm memory. In the meantime, I thought I would share a few (of a very long list) of songs that forever remind me of summer in one way or another, songs that may not be lyrically challenging or poetic, but still place me in the season when the need arises:

The Breeders: Saints
Fantastic Plastic Machine: The Whistle Song
Afro Celt Sound System: North
Dave Matthews Band: #41
Bob Marley: Jamming
UB40: Kingston Town
Sugar Ray: Someday
The Sundays: Folk Song
Tommy James and the Shondells: Crystal Blue Persuasion
Seals and Croft: Summer Breeze

What would you add to this summer soundtrack?

No comments: