Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Digging Digital

On February 17, 2009, all television stations in the United States will broadcast only in digital, ending all broadcasting in analog. Rabbit ears will no longer work. What a shame. According to the FCC, the digital conversion will allow improved picture, better sound and more channels.

For months, there have been commercials on TV asking "are you ready?" and if you're not, go out and buy a converter box. You can even request a coupon for $40 off the retail price of the box, which is anywhere between $50-$70. I think, like most people, my husband's stance is, who cares? Everyone is digital these days, and if you're not, you'll be left behind in our dust. (I joke, of course). On the other hand, my heart goes out to the poor, especially seniors, who maybe can't afford to go digital and are happy with their rabbit ears or roof-top antenna. Maybe it's stupid, but that's how I feel. Not to mention (and maybe I shouldn't admit this) we have a TV in our bedroom hooked up to an antenna that only gets Channel 7 (ABC). I'm not sure why exactly, but probably because we originally agreed not to have TV in the bedroom. Anyway, I watch it now every morning. Come February, if I don't have my box, I can say goodbye to Robin Roberts and Diane Sawyer. That makes me sad.

The two of us have this conversation on a regular basis, and he loves poking fun at me on this. So, without further ado, this video is courtesy of my husband...



I love it! Absolutely hilarious.

No comments: