Monday, November 3, 2008

Do or Die Time

Happy Monday! I'd like to apologize for my tirade the other day. As you could understand, my feathers were ruffled a bit and it was a reactionary post. But I've had a weekend to cool down, gained an extra hour of sleep thanks to the end of daylight savings, and am ready to start the week anew...and what a week it is expected to be!

Unless you live under a rock, you would know that tomorrow, November 4, is Election Day in the United States and the biggest seat in all the land is up for grabs: the presidency. Personally, I will be as happy as a clam to see the election season come to an end. Let's be honest here: Every presidential election year, we are forced to choose the lesser of two evils. Sometimes, that's not easy to do, so I completely sympathize with the people, who, with less than 24 hours left before making their mark on history, have not yet decided. For the people who are 110% behind their candidate, that's great that you are so strong in your choice, but I think to a degree it's blind. BOTH candidates have their faults, despite mob effect of the throngs of Obamaniacs and McCainiacs who would fight to the death to prove otherwise. Both lie. Both bend the truth. Both have made less than favorable decisions that leave you to wonder if either is capable of handling the supposedly most powerful, and no doubt most hated, country in the world. I really, really just encourage people to not take things at face value. Ever. Really.

What is amazing is how closely this race is being watched, not just by Americans, but by the world. Take for instance, a blog that I follow, Cosmopolites' Kaffeeklatsch, written by a Canadian living in Germany. I think this blog is fantastic, not only for the humor and great writing, but also for the unique perspective on the presidential race. It's blogs like this that remind me/us that our votes do not only have a direct impact on change in the United States but for those around the world (and not just in the obvious places like Iraq or Afghanistan). Yeah - it's that big.

I will not disclose which candidate I'm voting for because, for as much as I like you, it's none of your business, just like it's none of my business who you vote for, either. BUT, with that said, I strongly urge whoever is still undecided to take today to study up on the facts, the proposals, the promises and IGNORE THE COMMERCIALS because they're just full of sh*t anyway. If you are 18 or over and qualify as a registered voter, you have no excuse to not vote. SO DO IT! See you at the polls tomorrow!

McCain-Palin or Obama-Biden

Compare & Contrast

CNN Election Coverage

Fox News Election Coverage

1 comment:

Christine said...

One last day to enjoy this oldie: http://www.peteyandpetunia.com/VoteHere/VoteHere.htm