Friday, November 21, 2008

Puzzle Pieces and Such

I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. I know - how hackneyed, right? Well, I've seen it with my own eyes. It's true. I may not realize it at the time, but when the pieces all fall into their places, I can see the big picture and think "aha!" I wouldn't call myself a religious person, but it's those moments that make me a believer in divine intervention.

Case and point: A few years ago (I often say "in a previous life"), I worked at a large corporation. It was a wonderful job - an experience like none other in my life up to that point. My coworkers were truly like family. I also was dating someone in the company, but that's neither here nor there. Life was just dandy. Flash forward to post 9/11. The company took a big hit and downsized its workforce, including me. My surrogate family was cut off. My relationship fell to pieces. Things were about as low as they could have been....until I started working at another company. The job itself was terrible, but it was there that I met the man who is now my husband. SO (taking the long road like I usually do to make a point) had those events not happened, as bleak as it all seemed at the time, I would not have found my best friend, my inspiration, and the true love of my life. And for that, I am grateful.

TMI? Yeah. That's how I do. So, why do I tell you this? Because there are those days that seem like life just keeps ripping the carpet from you, that things are as low as they can get, but I believe there is a bigger plan. I remind myself of this every time that I am struggling - it's all just a piece to a bigger puzzle. Be patient. It will come together.

No comments: